Sedulitas, as approved by OHTA, offers the Asbestos and Other Fibres Training module W504.
- Describing the composition, nature and properties of asbestos, machine made mineral and other fibres and their historical uses.
- Describing the health effects of asbestos and other fibrous materials and apply appropriate exposure limits.
- Describing the uses of asbestos in buildings and the public health risk that these may pose.
- Understanding the principles of and requirements for asbestos surveys including taking samples and identifying bulk asbestos types by microscopic techniques including relevant safety requirements.
- Learning about good practice in the construction and use of enclosures for asbestos remediation and the use of decontamination units.
- Understanding all the principles of clearance testing, the requirements for measurements and appropriate techniques for post remediation evaluation.
- Conducting air sampling to determine airborne concentrations of asbestos or other fibres in accordance with defined procedures including microscopic counting techniques.
- Advising on all the various techniques for the management of asbestos in buildings in accordance with good practice.
Who should attend?
All hygienists and all persons involved in the health, safety and/or environmental management of a company, as well as any interested parties are invited to attend.
Please request and complete the registration form.
ON-LINE PRESENTATION AVAILABLE – SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS – CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS.